HIGHWAYS DESIGN ENGINEER (QATAR AND DUBAI OFFICES)
Reporting to the Infrastructure Lead- Middle East, we are looking for an outgoing, team oriented and technically experienced Highways Design Engineer to help build and grow our highways engineering capability. This is the opportunity for the right candidate to get in and help grow this discipline in the Middle Eastern market.
Experienced in roads and highway design, storm water drainage design using AASHTO/ international design standards, MX, Civil 3D highway design software and recognised industry storm water design software. The successful applicant will be supported by members of our transportation team.
Suitably experienced individuals will be provided with the opportunity to work with engineering and technical staff on transport infrastructure projects.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced highways engineer with appropriate qualifications recognised by international institutions. Chartered status or working towards it would be highly desirable.
Candidates should be Bachelor Degree qualified in Civil Engineering and have working knowledge of AASHTO and other international standards.
- Strong technical background in road and drainage design, preferably on international projects with good knowledge of:
- traffic engineering;
- road geometrics;
- signs and line marking;
- road safety barriers;
- utility service protection and relocation.
- health and safety in design, and
- temporary traffic management design.
- 5-7 years’ experience, preferably at least 3 years of which has been in Middle East.
- Preferably from consulting background.
- Good working knowledge of international design standards and design processes.
- Previous Design & Build or JV project experience would be considered favourably.
- Ability to work well in a small design team or join in a larger project team.
- Strong communication skills including ability to communicate technical matters in written reports.
- Ability to build relationships with team members and project managers.
- Contributes to tender preparation and business development activities.
- Ability to prepare concept, preliminary and detailed designs for local roads, arterial routes, highways and expressways
- Contribute to the preparation of contract drawings and documents for tender and construction purposes
- Attend project meetings with clients, architects and consulting disciplines;
- Contribute to the preparation of project proposals as required;
Provide site support during construction phase as required