SENIOR INFRASTRUCTURE ENGINEER (QATAR AND DUBAI OFFICES)
Reporting to the Infrastructure Lead- Middle East, we are looking for an outgoing, team oriented and technically experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer to help build and grow our Civils and Infrastructure capability. This is the opportunity for the right candidate to get in and help grow this discipline in the Middle Eastern market.
This position will be responsible for managing designers on a range of land development projects including site and sub-division planning and design, municipal roads, residential developments, storm water management, TSE and irrigation.
The applicant shall be experienced in the use and interpretation of AASHTO and other relevant international standards as well as relevant industry standard software.
An experienced individual the applicant will be required to undertake and supervise others in the design of land development projects delivering contract and construction management with the support of other members of our Engineering team.
The role will involve technical engineering, project management and some business development.
Suitably experienced individuals will be provided with the opportunity to lead and manage engineering and technical staff on civils, infrastructure and land development projects.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Senior Infrastructure Engineer with appropriate qualifications recognised by international institutions. Chartered status or working towards it would be highly desirable.
Candidates should be Bachelor Degree qualified in Civil Engineering and have working knowledge of AASHTO and other relevant international standards and alternative forms of contract.
Preference will be given to those possessing a Master of Science Degree in a relevant discipline.
- Strong technical background in municipal and land development engineering design and construction management on international projects with good knowledge of:
- technical engineering services;
- road geometrics;
- drainage, TSE and irrigation;
- utility service protection and relocation;
- health and safety in design;
- contract administration and management, and
- planning and resource management.
- 10 years’ experience, preferably at least 5 years of which has been in Middle East.
- Experience of working within a consultancy and construction environment.
- Good working knowledge of international contracts, design standards, design and construction processes.
- Previous Design & Build or JV project experience.
- Ability to work well in multidiscipline project teams.
- Strong Leadership skills including ability to provide contractual, construction management and professional guidance
- Strong communication skills including ability to prepare and communicate technical and contractual matters in written reports and presentations.
- Strong negotiation skills and ability to build relationships with contractors, team members and project managers.
- Lead the preparation of tender bids, contract drawings and documents for tender and construction purposes and undertake business development activities.
- Ability to prepare and supervise others in the preparation of concept, preliminary and detailed design for infrastructure, transportation and land development schemes
- Lead project meetings with clients, architects and consulting disciplines preparing appropriate project and progress reports;
- Ability to lead and director others in the management of project schedules, budgets and quality control;
- Provide site support during construction phase as required.