PROJECT MANAGER (QATAR AND DUBAI OFFICES)
Reporting to the Infrastructure Lead- Middle East, we are looking for an outgoing, team oriented and technically experienced Project Manager to help build and grow our Civils and Infrastructure capability. This is the opportunity for the right candidate to get in and help grow this discipline in the Middle Eastern market.
We require an experienced Project Manager to provide expertise on multi-disciplinary Civils and Infrastructure, Highways and Transportation projects. Working in a multidisciplinary team of Engineers providing a professional design service to our clients we consider this an excellent opportunity for enthusiastic Engineers to secure significant international experience.
The applicant shall be experienced in the use and interpretation of relevant international standards, codes and contracts as well as relevant industry standard software.
An experienced individual the applicant will be required to contribute to the effective and efficient management of key projects and make a positive impact on the delivery of projects working with technical staff on our Engineering team.
Suitably experienced individuals will be provided with the opportunity to work with engineering and technical staff on a diverse range of projects.
We are seeking a qualified and experienced Project Manager with appropriate qualifications recognised by international institutions. Chartered status or working towards it would be highly desirable.
Candidates should be Bachelor Degree qualified in Civil Engineering and or Construction Management have working knowledge of technical and contractual standards and documents.
- Strong technical background in engineering design and construction management on international projects with good knowledge of:
- technical engineering services;
- authority approvals, planning and environmental processes;
- roads and infrastructure, drainage, TSE and irrigation design and construction techniques;
- utility service protection and relocation;
- health and safety in design and construction;
- contract administration and management, and
- planning and resource management.
- 5-7 years’ experience, preferably at least 3 years of which has been in Middle East.
- Experience of working within a Consultancy environment a preference.
- Good working knowledge of international standards and contracts, design and construction processes.
- Previous Design & Build or JV project experience would be considered favourably.
- Ability to work well in small multidiscipline project teams and an appetite to join large project teams.
- Good communication skills including ability to present technical and contractual matters in written reports.
- Ability to build relationships with contractors, team members and project managers.
- Contribute to the preparation of tender bids, contract documents for tender and construction purposes and business development activities.
- Contribute to the effective and efficient management of project schedules, budgets and quality control.
- Attend project meetings with clients, architects and consulting disciplines.
- Provide site support during construction phase as required.