SENIOR CAD OPERATOR (QATAR AND DUBAI OFFICES)
We seek a Senior CAD Operator to provide high quality drafting services on civil and municipal projects through each project design development stages and to guide and mentor other project CAD Operators as required.
The applicant should have good drafting skills and excellent understanding of civils, highways and infrastructure projects with an eye for detail and precision.
Working from Engineers briefings, sketches and design concepts the applicant will deliver the best possible AutoCAD design solutions and consistently produce accurate project drawings and other technical documents. The applicant would be expected to manage smaller projects as required under the direction of a Project Manager and manage the design role on small scale infrastructure projects.
The applicant should possess an appetite for creativity and innovation and have the ability to develop design drawings based on limited information including calculations, sketches and verbal descriptions.
Appropriate tertiary qualification such as a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or relevant industry qualification and experience. Eligibility for professional Membership of a recognised engineering institution.
It is expected that applicants will have:
- Minimum of 10 years of dedicated experience in roads, transport infrastructure and land development projects of which a minimum of 5 years has been within the Middle East.
- Technical knowledge of road design and engineering principles together with utilities diversions and protection systems.
- Experience with Civil 3D, MX or 12D design software at expert level with exceptional AutoCAD skills producing high quality drafting outputs.
- Extensive knowledge of relevant international standards and their application and ability to comply with CAD standards & quality assurance requirements.
- Experienced in the analysis and manipulation of CAD data received from stakeholders and third parties and the ability to identify errors and or omissions.
- Proven experience on significant and technically challenging projects.
- Ability to work with limited supervision and the ability to supervise others in AutoCAD drafting and design.