About the Role
The BG&E Urban Civil team is well established with a reputation as an industry leader with our diverse client base for providing innovative design solutions in complex brownfield environments. Our projects are across the education, healthcare, residential, commercial and public transport sectors and include everything from upgrades to existing facilities to complete new builds with construction values in excess of $100M.
The urban civil engineering team works with a significant amount of autonomy and as part of this group you will be able to influence the projects you work on and take a leading role in the client relationship and technical delivery. As our clients’ “trusted advisor” BG&E guides projects from concept through to construction. This can involve a diverse range of activities in support of the technical work including direct liaison with local governments, cross discipline meetings with other specialists, on site inspections and Superintendent activities. No two days are the same for this team.
The urban civil team is looking for a mid-level engineer with a passion to grow their experience of managing a variety of diverse projects. We have the projects to provide this opportunity and we have the senior leadership to provide the guidance on this journey.
What to expect day to day:
- Be part of an agile team that is managing a number of projects
- Contribute to the design and management of projects that leave a significant legacy for our community
- Be the client / stakeholder interface for projects of varying sizes both publicly and privately funded.
- Work with the guidance of Perth’s most well respected and practical civil urban practitioners;
- Guide graduate engineers in their career journey
About You (Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
You will be responsible for contributing to various projects, delivering innovative and technical advice and designs, and for serving as a key contact for clients.
You will work on a broad range of projects for urban redevelopment, among others.
Successful candidates will:
- possess a Bachelor of Engineering degree;
- have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil engineering across a variety of projects and disciplines;
- have demonstrated experience in designing and managing projects;
- have experience working in software packages similar to AutoCAD, Civil 3D, 12D, etc;
- be comfortable with doing the technical design work while also managing the design process; and
- possess the ability to work well within a team environment.
At BG&E, we are united by a common purpose – we believe that truly great engineering takes curiosity, bravery and trust, and is the key to creating extraordinary built environments.
Our 800-strong team in 14 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Middle East, design and deliver engineering solutions for clients in the Property, Transport, Ports and Marine, Water, Defence, Renewables and Resources sectors.
We work in partnership with clients and other stakeholders – to challenge conventional wisdom, pioneer new benchmarks in technical excellence, design safety into projects and leverage mutually-rewarding delivery models. BG&E’s projects are also shaped by changing demands in mobility, the impacts of climate change, emerging design trends and consideration of the entire lifecycle.
BG&E is an employee-owned engineering consultancy with more than half a century of experience. Our legacy and our future are underpinned by an unwavering commitment to providing premium client experiences.
BG&E’s values are: care and integrity, the pursuit of excellence, and one team. Our values inform our behaviours and the way we: help clients around the world, empower our people to be high-performing and creative, and contribute to communities. Living our values every day ensures that we demonstrate care and integrity, strive to pursue excellence and serve as one team, that is ‘The BG&E Way’.
Realising Your Career Aspirations (Life at BG&E)
- Flexible working (incl. working from home)
- Health and wellbeing support, as well as from an independent Employee Assistance Program provider
- Attractive remuneration and Paternal Leave (up to 3 months paid parental leave)
- On-the-job mentoring and support to help you be the best you can be
- Learning and development initiatives (incl. contributions to training)
- Discounted Gym Membership
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference, and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work. We value who you are. Click here for further information about diversity, equality and inclusion at BG&E.
BG&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates. For roles that are located in Australia, we particularly appreciate applications from Indigenous Australian, as we continue to play an important role in reconciliation and ‘Closing the Gap’ with the traditional First Nations Australians.
Wellbeing, Health and Safety
We ensure our people enjoy healthy workplaces, deploy practices that reduce risk, comply with workplace Health & Safety regulations, impose zero harm to the communities that we operate in and support each other so we can all go home to safely every day.
To apply for the position please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
We invite inquiries and applications from candidates directly, hence agencies need not respond.