About the Role
The BG&E Perth Civil team is looking for a mid-level drainage engineer to join our established team and participate on our exciting projects. The BG&E Perth Civil team have a range of projects across the project life cycle from planning, detailed design, construction support to asset management. BG&E are proud of our project portfolio which continues to include some of the most significant civil infrastructure projects in WA. This role will provide the right candidate with an opportunity to continue the development of their knowledge and career on a range of projects under the guidance of a technically strong leadership team.
What to expect day to day:
- Be part of a large discipline team with significant opportunities to develop
- Work with the guidance of Perths leading drainage practitioners
- Contribute to the design of projects that leave a significant legacy for our community
- Guide graduate engineers in their career journey
- Participate in the project management activities
About You (Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
You will be responsible for contributing to various projects, delivering innovative and technical advice and designs, and for serving as a key contact for clients.
You will work on a broad range of projects for urban redevelopment, highways and rail, among others.
Successful candidates will:
- possess a Bachelor of Engineering degree;
- have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in civil engineering with at least 2 years of drainage design experience;
- have demonstrated experience in designing drainage for urban infrastructure projects, preferably to Main Roads Western Australia design standards;
- demonstrated competency with drainage design software potentially including 12D drainage, Drains or OpenRoads (Drainage); and
- Ability to work well within a team environment.
At BG&E, we are united by a common purpose – we believe that truly great engineering takes curiosity, bravery and trust, and is the key to creating extraordinary built environments.
Our 800-strong team in 14 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Middle East, design and deliver engineering solutions for clients in the Property, Transport, Ports and Marine, Water, Defence, Renewables and Resources sectors.
We work in partnership with clients and other stakeholders – to challenge conventional wisdom, pioneer new benchmarks in technical excellence, design safety into projects and leverage mutually-rewarding delivery models. BG&E’s projects are also shaped by changing demands in mobility, the impacts of climate change, emerging design trends and consideration of the entire lifecycle.
BG&E is an employee-owned engineering consultancy with more than half a century of experience. Our legacy and our future are underpinned by an unwavering commitment to providing premium client experiences.
BG&E’s values are: care and integrity, the pursuit of excellence, and one team. Our values inform our behaviours and the way we: help clients around the world, empower our people to be high-performing and creative, and contribute to communities. Living our values every day ensures that we demonstrate care and integrity, strive to pursue excellence and serve as one team, that is ‘The BG&E Way’.
Realising Your Career Aspirations (Life at BG&E)
- Flexible working (incl. working from home)
- Health and wellbeing support, as well as from an independent Employee Assistance Program provider
- Attractive remuneration and Paternal Leave (up to 3 months paid parental leave)
- On-the-job mentoring and support to help you be the best you can be
- Learning and development initiatives (incl. contributions to training)
- Discounted Gym Membership
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference, and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work. We value who you are. Click here for further information about diversity, equality and inclusion at BG&E.
BG&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates. For roles that are located in Australia, we particularly appreciate applications from Indigenous Australian, as we continue to play an important role in reconciliation and ‘Closing the Gap’ with the traditional First Nations Australians.
Wellbeing, Health and Safety
We ensure our people enjoy healthy workplaces, deploy practices that reduce risk, comply with workplace Health & Safety regulations, impose zero harm to the communities that we operate in and support each other so we can all go home to safely every day.
To apply for the position please send your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com
We invite inquiries and applications from candidates directly, hence agencies need not respond.