About the Role
As a valued member of BG&E’s Marketing & Communications (Marcoms) team you will be responsible for providing internal and external clients with engaging initiatives – including supporting the creation of: thought-provoking content, winning award submissions, targeted campaigns and compelling virtual and face-to-face (F2F) events, among others.
This role will draw on your robust communication skills, great eye for detail and energy, as you play a critical role in helping to build brand awareness, through effective and innovative marcoms.
Working as part of a small and agile team, the primary responsibilities of this role include:
- publishing new and tweaking existing content on BG&E’s website and social media channels;
- maintaining client contact databases, in accordance with global data privacy legislation;
- assisting with the development and implementation of virtual and F2F events;
- assisting with the creation of new content;
- assisting with development and deployment of multi-channel, above-the-line and below-the-line campaigns;
- assisting with sponsorships, merchandise and advertising;
- assisting with leveraging benefits from various industry association memberships; and
- providing support for the Marketing & Communications team.
About You (Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
As an extraordinary Marketing & Communications Co-ordinator, you will possess the following qualifications, skills, experience and attributes:
- a minimum of two-years years’ professional experience in a similar role, preferably in professional services;
- effective interpersonal and verbal communication skills;
- strong time management skills and the ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines;
- the ability to work independently and be highly productive;
- exceptional attention to detail;
- proven ability in delivering an outstanding level of service to internal and external clients, and other stakeholders;
- proven ability in supporting the creation of content for professional services (including research, copywriting, etc.);
- proven ability in contributing to multi-channel campaigns, in a professional services environment;
- proven ability in copywriting for social media posts and winning award submissions;
- proven ability in supporting internal stakeholders with the creation of engaging PowerPoint presentations (for conferences and other speaking engagements);
- proven ability in implementing corporate events (e.g. client engagement events);
- proven ability maintaining client contact databases or a Customer Relationship Management system;
- basic knowledge of marcoms systems/applications such as Campaign Monitor;
- advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (specifically Word, PowerPoint and Excel and Outlook);
- basic knowledge of Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, WordPress and SharePoint (or similar knowledge sharing/Intranet platform/s);
- Degree or equivalent qualified in Marketing, Communications, Business, Commerce or Journalism; and
- completed an internship in marketing and/or communications in a professional services environment.
At BG&E, we are united by a common purpose – we believe that truly great engineering takes curiosity, bravery and trust, and is the key to creating extraordinary built environments.
Our 800-strong team in 14 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Middle East, design and deliver engineering solutions for clients in the Property, Transport, Ports and Marine, Water, Defence, Renewables and Resources sectors.
We work in partnership with clients and other stakeholders – to challenge conventional wisdom, pioneer new benchmarks in technical excellence, design safety into projects and leverage mutually-rewarding delivery models. BG&E’s projects are also shaped by changing demands in mobility, the impacts of climate change, emerging design trends and consideration of the entire lifecycle.
BG&E is an employee-owned engineering consultancy with more than half a century of experience. Our legacy and our future are underpinned by an unwavering commitment to providing premium client experiences.
BG&E’s values are: care and integrity, the pursuit of excellence, and one team. Our values inform our behaviours and the way we: help clients around the world, empower our people to be empathic, high-performing and creative, and contribute to communities. Living our values every day ensures that demonstrate care and integrity, strive to pursue excellence and serve as one team, that is ‘The BG&E Way’.
Realising Your Career Aspirations (Life at BG&E)
- Flexible working
- Health and wellbeing support via confidential internal initiatives, as well as from an independent Employee Assistance Programme provider
- Competitive remuneration, compensation, and Paternal Leave
- On-the-job coaching to help you be the best you can be – for Corporate Services, technical and administration roles
- Learning and development initiatives
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference, and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work. We value who you are. Click here for further information about diversity, equality and inclusion at BG&E.
BG&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates. For roles that are located in Australia, we particularly appreciate applications Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples, as we continue to play an important role in reconciliation and ‘Closing the Gap’ with the traditional First Peoples of our nation.
For further information about this role, to have a confidential discussion and/or to apply for the position (by sending a cover letter and your resume), please contact to Kate.Hartness@bgeeng.com
We invite inquiries and applications from candidates directly, hence agencies need not respond.