About the Role
This is an opportunity for a talented and driven Senior Facade Engineer to join BG&E’s expanding Facades’ Team in the United Kingdom (UK). To succeed in this role, you will have proven technical understanding of facade structures, secondary structures and refurbishments of existing facade structures.
The successful candidate will become a permanent member of our creative and friendly team and will work on some of the most exciting buildings in the world including international airports, high-rise commercial and residential towers and international stadia.
The key tasks and responsibilities of this role include and are not limited to:
- assisting in maintaining the high-quality façade service offering;
- developing excellent structural facade solutions in collaboration with other facade specialists, as well as seeing these through from concept to implementation;
- participating in facade system design developing, specification and testing;
- performing system structural analysis including glass analysis;
- performing thermal modelling and condensation analysis;
- being part of BG&E’s global facade team and developing facade design solutions in collaboration with other facade specialist on your projects from concept to implementation. It will include reviewing and commenting on detailed designs generated by specialist facade contractors, as well as producing calculations, drawings, reports and correspondence;
- working with our clients, architects, contractors and supply chain;
- contributing to multiple projects of different size running in parallel;
- undertaking design, yourself, including using your knowledge and experience to guide graduate team members;
- producing drawings, reports, specifications and correspondence and helping senior engineer to manage resources and budget;
- completing contractor technical audits, tender reviews and due diligence reviews;
- reviewing technical submissions for compliance with design intent; and
- representing innovative solutions to clients, among others.
About You (Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
If you are an enthusiastic and experienced Senior Facade Engineer with excellent design and technical expertise, as well as possess outstanding software skills and you enjoy working collaboratively in multidisciplinary design teams and taking responsibility for projects from inception to completion and delivering achieve outstanding results – look no further, this is role for you.
The successful candidate will support the future growth and development of BG&E’s business in the UK and will possess strong interpersonal skills to help build a strong client base.
From the moment you join, we will support your personal and professional development to ensure you grow and achieve your career goals. The required qualifications, skills and experience for this role are set out below:
- Degree qualified in either Structural or Mechanical Engineering, Architecture or other transferable manufacturing/engineering discipline.
- Proven experience in a facade design/engineering role.
- Working towards to the Chartered Engineer status with the Engineering Council via an appropriate professional institution, such as the Institution of Civil Engineers or Institution of Structural Engineers.
- Completed portfolio of good mixture of small, medium to large scale projects.
- Breadth of experience in facade design across a range of facade types.
- Good working knowledge of national and international design codes and technical guidance.
- Excellent knowledge of facade systems and construction techniques, procurement routes and risk assessment.
- Expert with AutoCAD in 2D and 3D modelling software, such as Rhino.
- Expert with Finite element and design packages (e.g. GSA, Strand 7, Tedds, etc.), parametric design and scripting will be an advantage (e.g. Grasshopper, Python, etc.).
- Eager to learn new facade materials and technologies.
- Strong technical and interpersonal skills.
- Versatile skillset including knowledge of detail design, structural and building physics, testing, inspections and investigations and site experience.
- Excellent people skills and confident at influencing peers, clients and other stakeholders.
- Ability to work under pressure and hit deadlines.
- Ability to motivate individuals to work collaboratively as a team.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills.
At BG&E, we are united by a common purpose – we believe that truly great engineering takes curiosity, bravery and trust, and is the key to creating extraordinary built environments.
Our 800-strong team in 14 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the UK and Middle East, design and deliver engineering solutions for clients in the Property, Transport, Ports and Marine, Water, Defence, Renewables and Resources sectors.
We work in partnership with clients and other stakeholders – to challenge conventional wisdom, pioneer new benchmarks in technical excellence, design safety into projects and leverage mutually-rewarding delivery models. BG&E’s projects are also shaped by changing demands in mobility, the impacts of climate change, emerging design trends and consideration of the entire lifecycle.
BG&E is an employee-owned engineering consultancy with more than half a century of experience. Our legacy and our future are underpinned by an unwavering commitment to providing premium client experiences.
BG&E’s values are: care and integrity, the pursuit of excellence, and one team. Our values inform our behaviours and the way we: help clients around the world, empower our people to be empathic, high-performing and creative, and contribute to communities. Living our values every day ensures that demonstrate care and integrity, strive to pursue excellence and serve as one team, that is ‘The BG&E Way’.
Realising Your Career Aspirations (Life at BG&E)
- Flexible working
- Health and wellbeing support via confidential internal initiatives, as well as from an independent Employee Assistance Programme provider
- Competitive remuneration, compensation, and Paternal Leave
- On-the-job coaching to help you be the best you can be – for technical, Corporate Services and administration roles
- Learning and development initiatives
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference, and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work. We value who you are. Click here for further information about diversity, equality and inclusion at BG&E.
BG&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates.
For further information about this role, to have a confidential discussion and/or to apply for the position (by sending a cover letter and your resume), please contact to Mandie.Burke@bgeeng.com
We invite inquiries and applications from candidates directly, hence agencies need not respond.