At BG&E, we are united by a common purpose – we believe that truly great engineering takes curiosity, bravery and trust, and is the key to creating extraordinary built environments.
Our 800-strong team in 14 offices across Australia, New Zealand, Singapore, the United Kingdom and Middle East, design and deliver engineering solutions for clients in the Property, Transport, Ports and Marine, Water, Defence, Renewables and Resources sectors.
We work in partnership with clients and other stakeholders – to challenge conventional wisdom, pioneer new benchmarks in technical excellence, design safety into projects and leverage mutually-rewarding delivery models. BG&E’s projects are also shaped by changing demands in mobility, the impacts of climate change, emerging design trends and consideration of the entire lifecycle.
BG&E is an employee-owned engineering consultancy with more than half a century of experience. Our legacy and our future are underpinned by an unwavering commitment to providing premium client experiences.
BG&E’s values are: care and integrity, the pursuit of excellence, and one team. Our values inform our behaviours and the way we: help clients around the world, empower our people to be high-performing and creative, and contribute to communities. Living our values every day ensures that we demonstrate care and integrity, strive to pursue excellence and serve as one team, that is ‘The BG&E Way’.
About the Role
BG&E Melbourne is looking to hire an enthusiastic and talented transport planner or traffic engineer to join our Traffic and Transport Planning Team. Our traffic engineering/transport planning offering across Australia is expanding and we are looking for driven individuals to be part of our growth. Our teams are currently working on major infrastructure projects across Australia and there is potential for you to be a part of these iconic projects.
What to expect day to day:
- Provide specialist traffic engineering/transport planning expertise on major projects across Australia.
- Assist with the preparation of traffic engineering/transport planning reports and design plans.
- Provide technical traffic engineering/transport planning support and advice to the transport team as well as the wider BG&E business.
- Use tools to analyze and investigate traffic, demographic and land use data in order to formulate solutions to problems.
- Represent BG&E at internal information sessions and external industry events.
About You (Qualifications, Skills and Experience)
The individual we’re looking for will be passionate about transport and eager to learn from our senior engineers. They will also be flexible and willing to expand their skillset by assisting our wider transport business as required. Ideally you will also have the following skills:
- Degree in Civil Engineering, Transport Planning or Traffic Engineering (or similar);
- Some traffic engineering, transport planning or traffic modelling experience in Australia;
- Passionate about traffic engineering/transport planning;
- Knowledge of SIDRA and/or CAD would be advantageous (not essential).
Realising Your Career Aspirations (Life at BG&E)
- Flexible working (incl. working from home)
- Health and wellbeing support, as well as from an independent Employee Assistance Program provider
- Attractive remuneration and Paternal Leave (up to 3 months paid parental leave)
- On-the-job mentoring and support to help you be the best you can be
- Learning and development initiatives (incl. contributions to training)
- Discounted Gym Membership
Diversity and Inclusion
Equality is part of BG&E’s DNA – it begins with our values and continues through our culture – and is fostered throughout our workplaces. We recognise and celebrate difference, and encourage our people and potential candidates to be comfortable in bringing your complete self to work. We value who you are. Click here for further information about diversity, equality and inclusion at BG&E.
BG&E is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome applications from all candidates. For roles that are located in Australia, we particularly appreciate applications from Indigenous Australian, as we continue to play an important role in reconciliation and ‘Closing the Gap’ with the traditional First Nations Australians.
Wellbeing, Health and Safety
We ensure our people enjoy healthy workplaces, deploy practices that reduce risk, comply with workplace Health & Safety regulations, impose zero harm to the communities that we operate in and support each other so we can all go home to safely every day.
To apply for the position please send your resume with a cover letter to Madeleine.Stanboultgis@bgeeng.com.
We invite inquiries and applications from candidates directly, hence agencies need not respond.