INPEX discovered the Ichthys Field in the Browse Basin in 2000. The Ichthys Liquified Natural Gas (LNG) and Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) project is ranked among the most significant gas and oil projects in the world and is one of the few to incorporate the entire chain of development and production, including subsea, offshore, pipeline and onshore.
BG&E provided structural and civil engineering services for the energy project, specifically, our team undertook the successful tender design and completed the detailed design of two major LNG and LPG storage tanks.
Our highly-skilled technical team also provided:
- an assessment and dynamic analysis review for site-specific earthquake conditions;
- foundation analysis and soil improvement methodology (including managing the geotechnical sub-consultant);
- design and constructability optimisation; and
- interfacing and managing the pre-stress and formwork suppliers and inner tank mechanical designers.
The key elements of the project included:
- four outer containment pre-stressed concrete cryogenic tanks;
- two full containment 165,000-cubic metre LNG cryogenic tanks;
- one propane 85,000-cubic metre LPG tank; and
- one butane 60,000-cubic metre LPG tank.