The Victorian and Federal governments are providing an upgrade to the Narre Warren North Road between Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road, in Melbourne’s South eastern suburbs.
The project will include:
- an extra lane in each direction between Fox Road and Belgrave-Hallam Road;
- an upgrade of the Heatherton Road and Ernst Wanke Road intersections;
- improved safety by adding new traffic lights to the Memorial Drive intersection and installing safety barriers;
- modifying the Brundrett Road and Crawley Road intersections to improve safety; and
- an upgrade of the existing and building new walking and cycling paths to improve connectivity.
BG&E is providing civil engineering, road design, traffic modelling, flood modelling, drainage and pavement design, and geotechnical services.
Narre Warren North Road is a key North-South link for Melbourne’s South East. The additional new lanes and upgraded intersections will considerably improve safety for the 14,000 daily road users.
Construction is scheduled to begin in late 2021.