The $75 million Mount Lindesay Highway – Stoney Camp Road-to-Chambers Flat Road Upgrade will reduce congestion and travel times, improve safety for road users, as well as improve the network’ resilience and reliability.
The scope of works includes:
- a four-lane dual carriageway from the north past the Stoney Camp Road Interchange, down to the Chambers Flat Road Interchange;
- minor ramp upgrades at Stoney Camp and Chambers Flat interchanges;
- rehabilitation of the existing two lanes to form the southbound dual lanes;
- construction of new northbound and southbound bridges over Norris Creek;
- installing noise and safety barriers; and
- pavement rehabilitation on the retained existing carriageway.
BG&E is providing the preliminary and detailed design of for the upgrade.
This project is scheduled for completion in late 2022.