Upon completion, this $34 million Nerang–Murwillumbah Road and Beechmont Road Intersection project will significantly improve safety on the 36-kilometre stretch of road that is rated highly for fatal and serious injury incidents.
BG&E provided the detailed design which includes the following key features:
- wide centre line marking from Beaudesert–Nerang Road to Tangara Road;
- channelised right turn into Latimers Crossing Road, Tangara Road and the access road into the Gilston Advancetown Rural Fire Brigade;
- pavement widening and sealing;
- installation/modification of existing safety barriers;
- vegetation clearing to increase sight distance;
- installation/modification of existing warning signage and line marking; and
- pull-over bays for emergency services.