The Forrestfield-Airport Link is jointly funded project by the State and Federal governments and will deliver a new rail service to the eastern suburbs of Perth – with three new stations at Redcliffe, Airport Central and Forrestfield. It involves the construction of eight-kilometre underground twin-bored rail tunnels.
BG&E has teamed with Jacobs and Golder Associates, in a joint venture (JV), ‘ALERT’ (which stands for the Airport Link Engineering Review Team). Our role is to conduct a technical review of the:
- underground and above structures for the new stations;
- portal and dive structures;
- structural aspects of bored tunnel segmental lining;
- structural aspects of all cross passages and emergency egress shafts;
- structural aspects of all associated temporary works;
- civil design aspects of all new stations;
- durability documentation;
- pile and D-wall testing methodology and results; and
- flooding analyses.
Our scope of works includes the provision of technical input into RFIs and NCRs, and risk assessments for the major project stakeholders, including Airservices Australia, Arc Infrastructure and Perth Airport Pty Ltd.
The JV ALERT team is also providing project engineering roles, specifically, assisting with Public Transport Authority with Technical Lead, Project Coordinator, Project Control and Document Control roles.