200 GEORGE STREET
Project Location— 200 George Street, Sydney
Project Client— Mirvac Development
Project Architect— Francis-Jones Morehen Thorp
Project Owner— Mirvac Property Trust/AMP Capital Wholesale Office Fund
The building consists of 37 commercial floors and 5 basement levels resulting in approximately 155 vertical metres or 38,000m2 of office space.
- Post-tensioned composite banded concrete floors and transfer beams.
- 4-level lobby zone under 22m architecturally inspired slender composite “Y” transfer columns at the base of the tower, each carrying 13,000 tonnes.
- Pure tension transfer columns used to hang multiple levels from upper decks.
- Varying floor plate geometry along the height of the building.
- Challenging excavation methodology adjacent to Crane Lane, support provided by horizontal post-tensioned concrete beam anchored via custom steel walers
- Efficient design using high-strength and high-performance concrete made possible by advice from BG&E Materials Technology.
- Lateral stability achieved through an eccentric cantilevering concrete core – narrow at the base of the tower to maximise basement parking.
- Full temporary works design and construction methodology advice.