EXPERIENCED HIGHWAYS ENGINEER (SYDNEY OFFICE)
Reporting to the Director Civil & Waterways, we are looking for an outgoing, team oriented and technically oriented Experienced Highways Engineer to help build and grow our highways engineering capability. This is the opportunity for the right candidate to get in and help grow this discipline in the NSW market.
The successful applicant will be responsible for design of highway and road projects with the support of other members of our transport team. The role will involve technical engineering, some project management and some business development.
Suitably experienced individuals will be provided with the opportunity to work with engineering and technical staff on transport infrastructure projects.
We are seeking a qualified experienced highways engineer with engineering qualifications recognised by Engineers Australia and eligible for MIEAust. Chartered status or working towards it would be highly desirable.
- Strong technical background in road design, preferably on state highway authority (RMS, TMR, Vicroads, MRWA etc.) type projects with good knowledge of:
d.signs and line marking;
e.road safety barriers; and
f.utility service protection and relocation (desirable).
(Note: Doesn’t need to be a specialist in all of the above but need to understand them).
- 5-7 years+ experience, preferably at least 3 years of which has been in Australia.
- Preferably from consulting or state road authority background.
- Good working knowledge of design standards and design processes, RMS processes desirable, but not essential.
- Previous D&C or alliance type project experience would be considered favourably.
- Ability to work well in a small design team or join in a larger project team.
- Strong written reporting skills.
- Ability to build relationships with client project managers.
- Supports Principal and Senior Engineers in tenders and business development activities.
- Ability to relocate to other offices for short-term secondments desirable.