The North South Corridor (NSC) will be Singapore’s first integrated transport corridor – connecting the East Coast Parkway expressway in the South to Admiralty Road West in the North.
The 21.5-kilometer expressway will feature continuous express bus routes and at-grade cycling trunk routes, and will comprise 16 entrances and 17 exits to connect towns along the corridor.
The Land Transport Authority (LTA) tendered the works in fourteen design and build packages. In collaboration with our local partner, BG&E has been awarded the enhanced Accredited Checking Role for the NSC for the following design and build packages: N112, N113, and N115 for a total construction value of about 1 billion SGD.
The critical components of BG&E’s role include:
- acting as consultant to the Authority;
- structural checks with independent calculations of over 60 bridge units with evaluation of the structural capacity and serviceability performances;
- review of design basis documentation to ensure compliance to Norms and Authority’s requirements;
- review of construction method and sequence of the balanced cantilever operations with respect to work and public safety;
- check of pre-cambering of box girder for balanced cantilever segmental construction.